Monday, April 16, 2012

Such an Alice Day

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."


Lewis Carroll

(from Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, 1872)

If that isn't one of the best examples of 'waxing poetic'...  Sometimes we just need the time to step back, relax, and enjoy.  The days are too short to mess with things out of our control. 

I give myself very good advice, But I very seldom follow it.

Such an Alice day today.  I wonder why.  Is it because I'm waiting to hear if ANY of the castings I've gone to are going to come through?  It's as if the phone only rings to tease me.  It's hardly ever from someone I want to hear from, i.e. a job.  And it's not only for a job.  I have some requests out there too.  I know things happen in their own time, and it's usually the best time.  I just wish it would happen in my time.  "Just be", Whopper would say.  "Just be".

No comments:

Post a Comment