Sunday, July 22, 2012

A rant then CALLBACK !!!

What is going on in my life ?  It's as if I don't exist.  Everything I do seems to be invisible or non-existent.  Even the trivial things.  And it's all just recently. 

It began with my submission for the role of Mary Todd Lincoln in the National Geographic Docudrama "Killing Lincoln".  I had reservations about even submitting myself for this one.  After all, Bill O'Reilly (yes, that Bill O'Reilly - the pompous tool) wrote the book and would be one of the producers.  So I considered it a spiritual test for me.  How could I work with someone I differ from so completely ?  That would be challenging, but a challenge I think I could handle.  Who knows ?  Perhaps over the course of working on the project, we could find mutual ground to help bring us together.  Nice thought.  Anyway, I submitted the standard info, picture/headshot, and filled out a form with specific questions - how tall are you, etc.  I emphasized that I was 5' tall, as Mary Todd was a small woman herself.  And sent it off. That was end of May.  And nothing.  Until July 11th, when I got an URGENT email saying I had to send in a tape of myself doing these specific scenes as Mary Todd and they had to be in to their office by NOON NEXT DAY !!!!  Yikes, found a cameraman, put myself on tape and sent them the link -- and nothing.  What's with this ?  Not even a "thank you" email.  This would be a great opportunity to see if I could keep my differences out of my passion, namely my acting.  I would like to try, but it's as if they don't see me.  What gives ?

-- 3 hours later --

I think just ranting was enough to get something moving because the NOLA project has me on their CALLBACK LIST !!!!  I can't believe it.  I may actually have a shot at a TV show !!! WOW !!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment